This is not a Stay–at–home Mom update: I can no longer claim the title of a SAHM. Well, not full time anyway. I started back working part time January (So, I’m 4 months in)- I’m home in time enough to get the kids off the bus-with an hour or so to spare. The hour goes by so fast. So, I guess being at work 5 hours a day-It shouldn’t make too much of a difference right? Seeing as though you get off early, and you have the rest of the afternoon/evening to collect. Well, I’m here to tell you it does. It’s something when you don’t realize your role as a stay -at- home Mom has really impacted the bulk of your day. Keeping the house tidy, constant grocery store runs (kid free) doctor appointments, personal errands, and just some free time to yourself. The routine mornings to relax , drink your coffee and catch the latest on your favorite morning show. Yeah, those days are null and void now. Now, I’m back trying to balance it all again. I am exhausted when I get home-and I would really like to throw my face in my pillow, and sleep for at least four hours. I’m sure that’s pushing it. I feel like I’m moving in slow motion when I get home. I’m not sure if I should run errands, eat, or take a nap. Sometimes the nap wins overall 😉 But at times a nap is a must because I need to re-boot or maybe a flask filled with Rose` would also do the job…. I’m totally joking- as a MOM with three kiddos in route to the house it is imperative I get my thoughts together. Because when they get home it’s on and poppin! Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom…for the next 5 1/2 hours.
How to balance?: Hell, I don’t know! I’m trying to figure it out myself. It’s a day to day task for me really. All I can say is…
- Handle the task as it comes
- Weed out the unnecessary
- Don’t sweat the small stuff (you waist your time when you could be figuring out a solution)
- Learn how to let go of things that are beyond your control
- Make a check list-and check off in the order of import a once even if its not in the order you placed it on the list (after all you are checking it off)
- You can’t do it all! If you have the help-pass on a task or two that won’t kill you if you are not in control of it-ask your spouse or if you have older children that can for sure get the job done.
- Try and keep your work life and personal life separate. Try not to fixate on work so much at home and vice versa. We don’t need to deal with unnecessary situations while we are tending to our loved ones.
- Be sure to have your wind down time-if it’s taking a bath, having a yummy glass of wine in silence, indulging in your favorite book or staring at the wall (hey, whatever floats your boat boo!)
- Pay attention to the things that aggravate you the most -and try to avoid them, or figure out a better way to handle them.
- And last….BREATH!
At the end of the day…it’s all good Mama’s- this is what we were made to do!
How do you balance Mom life and work life? Which of these steps do you take? Got any suggestions for me? Let’s Chat- Comment below ⇓
Thanks for reading ♥
Posted By: Ivy B.